*For Google Gmail see below*
The Email SMTP section settings is where you add or update the settings for your email account to be able to send email from Careerlister.
- Admin > Email > SMTP Settings.
- Select which email account to use: Company (all) or User
- Select the Email Provider from the Email Provider dropdown. (if the email provider isn't shown see "Create a new one" below)
- Optionally Alter the Friendly From text box.
- Enter the email address in the Email Address field.
- Enter the password to the email address in the Password field.
- Click Test and Save.
**Create a new one.
If your email provider is not found you can create a new email provider for your account. Careerlister does not have these settings and must be obtained from the email provider. Follow the directions below.
In the Email Provider list select "create a new one".
Additional fields for the smtp server, port, SSL and TLS will be shown.
- Fill in and check each of these fields / checkboxes in accordance with your email provider's instructions on how to connect to your email account.
- **Follow along with the above directions at #4 through #7.
*For Google / Gmail please follow the directions below.*
1. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en Follow this URL's instructions to allow less secure apps like CL to connect.
2. Go to your browser running gmail and logout of your email account.
3. https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptcha Go to this link and login to the gmail account you would like to use with CL.
4. Wait 5 minutes for Gmail to make the changes.
5. Navigate to Admin > Email > SMTP Settings Choose Gmail as the email provider, enter your email address and password then click "Test and Save". A success message will appear. Once that is there then you are good to go else where and start using CL with your email account.