Careerlister Pricing and Signup Instructions
This pricing and signup guide is meant to assist an existing Careerlister account with signing up for Careerlister’s SMS service and integrate it with the supported SMS provider. Careerlister’s supported SMS service provider is Twilio. Careerlister at this time only integrates with one service provider and may add more in the future. Careerlister will connect to Twilio in a similar way that Careerlister connects to your Email account. In both cases Careerlister doesn’t charge for the email or SMS service but does charge to connect to the service provider.
The cost: Careerlister SMS service is as follows for each account type.
• Basic - $25 / month charge to connect to Twilio in addition to the Careerlister Monthly Fee! • Plus - $25 / month charge to connect to Twilio in addition to the Careerlister Monthly Fee! • PRO - $10 / month charge to connect to Twilio in addition to the Careerlister Monthly Fee
Careerlister Service / mo
Careerlister Service with SMS / mo
The following are pricing for Careerlister services as of 9/1/2014 and are subject to change without notice. Pro accounts receive a lesser fee increase because of the type of account PRO is. More services at a better value.
Twilio’s pricing is and will always be subject to Twilio’s terms and agreements. Twilio pricing is available at https://www.twilio.com/sms/pricing.
Twiio’s Pricing & Fees
Pricing Per Unit
$0.0075 / SMS
Call Forwarding to your office landline
$0.01 / minute
$1 / month
As of this document’s publishing. Please see Twilio’s website for exact details
Ex: For $20 you can send and receive 2666.667 SMS messages. If only 20 messages send/ receive a day then $20 can last a company over 3 months. This is subject to the amount of use.
To start using SMS with Careerlister follow the Getting Started Guide below.
To get started with using SMS with Careerlister, a new Twilio account would need to be signed up. Follow the directions below to sign up for a new Twilio account.
Go to https://www.twilio.com!
Click the Sign up link.!
Fill in the owner of the account’s information.!
Click Get Started!
Follow the directions on the next page(s) including choosing the number your company will
want to send SMS from. (This is a mobile number only and not a land line.) Calls can be made from this number if you’d like through Twilio’s services but not through Careerlister at this time.
Once you have signed up your account will be in a DEMO / Trial mode. Careerlister can not use the account in this status. At this time you will need to fund the account. Upgrade your account from Trial to Paid account.
Upgrade and Fund Account
On the Dashboard page click the Billing menu item. Then click the Overview menu item if not selected. Then click the Add Funds button to add a minimum of $20. Follow the instructions to add a credit card to the account. Twilio will allow you to choose the amount you would like fund the account with. $20 is the minimum (as of this document’s writing). You can optionally allow Twilio to fund the account every time the balance on the account reaches $10!
Once you have funded your account you will need to obtain several items for Careerlister and set two fields. Create an email to send to us using the following format: Click the Dashboard menu item. There is a box with the Account SID and the AUTH TOKEN. Click view to see the auth token. See Below in => Obtaining the Access Keys and phone number
Buy a new number
- Go to # in the main menu for Phone numbers
- Click the + button to buy a new number.
- Search for and select a number. Follow all Twilio prompts until number is purchased.
Before you send the email make sure to do the following:
Set the Voice Request URL and the Messaging Request URL. (This is important to do now).
- Go to https://www.twilio.com/console/phone-numbers/incoming . Click on the number you wish to use with CL
- Then look for Voice > "A CALL COMES IN" field. Change that to the url in the instructions for the voice => http://twimlets.com/forward?PhoneNumber=770-555-1234 Change 770-555-1234 to your office's landline. Make sure it has the dashes.
- Then look for Messaging> "A MESSAGE COMES IN" and put in the URL => http://www.careerlisterapp.com:3500/sms/
- Click SAVE
To Sign up for Careerlister’s SMS service
Start an email with the following format.
Subject line: [NAME OF COMPANY] SMS signup.
Body of email:
ACCOUNT SID: [ACCOUNT SID]
AUTH TOKEN: [AUTH TOKEN]
Twilio Phone Number : [phonenumber]
**Add any questions or requests.**
(Start this email now to have something to copy and paste into. Follow the below directions to include the required bracketed items.)
Make sure to replace the [ ] brackets with the correct SID, Auth Token and Phone Number. Follow the directions below to learn how to obtain the above required information.
Obtaining the Access Keys and phone number
Careerlister needs to connect to your account to send and receive data from Twilio. To do so there are three pieces of data (Account SID, Auth Token, & Twilio phone number) that must be sent to Careerlister to sign up for SMS.
Make sure you are logged into your Twilio Account!
- Look for the Account SID and the AUTH TOKEN
Copy the Account SID: and paste it into the above email you have started in the correct place!
Click the lock icon next to the Auth Token (the auth token will show) and copy the auth token
and paste it into the email in the correct place.
Click on Numbers in the main menu.
Click the number you have signed up with and wish to use with Careerlister.
Copy the number that has the + in front of it. Ex: +4045556789. Paste that number into the email you’ve started in the Phone Number bracket.
Now it’s time to Send the Email that was created previously with all the values correctly replaced.
Careerlister will activate SMS for your account as soon as possible after receiving all the correct information.
If you would like Careerlister to access your Twilio account to setup all the correct values please make this request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line: SMS signup - I need help! Email Body: Give the email and password to your Twilio account.
We require that the Getting Started and Upgrade and Fund Account sections of this document be completed first before Careerlister can assist.
Also confirm Careerlister has the permission to access your Twilio account and the cost of the SMS service.
After your Careerlister account is Activated for SMS
Once your careerlister account has been activated for SMS the ability to create SMS Templates will be available.
• Go to Admin > SMS Templates.
• Create a new SMS Template by clicking the blue New Template button.
• Create the new template as you would an email template by filling in the text area with your short message. You have the ability to add template code just like email templates.
Ex: SMS sent contains 200 characters. 200 / 160 will result in two SMS messages sent and charged by Twilio. - depending on the carrier of the recipient it may receive two SMS messages or it may put two into one on their phone.
- If a recipient replies STOP to an SMS from your company Twilio will stop sending SMS messages to your recipient any and every time.
- SMS messages can only be sent to a mobile phone service with SMS activated on the recipient’s carrier. Twilio will charge to send the SMS messages regardless if it is to a mobile phone or a landline. Only mobile phones can receive SMS messages. Careerlister is not responsible for SMS sent and charged but not delivered.
- Careerlister requires the Mobile Phone field to be filled out on the Applicant Info page to send a SMS. It is recommended that this number is verified with the SMS recipient. Too many bad attempts to send SMS and SPAMing recipients will result in Twilio suspending or canceling your SMS account with them. Careerlister is not responsible for the maintenance of this relationship with Twilio. Please obtain and read their policies on SMS.
- SMS are 160 characters in length
-SMS can contain more than 160 characters but will be charged by Twilio per 160 characters. Ex: SMS sent contains 200 characters. 200 / 160 will result in two SMS messages sent and charged by Twilio.
- depending on the carrier of the recipient it may receive two SMS messages or it may put two into one on their phone.
If a recipient replies STOP to an SMS from your company Twilio will stop sending SMS messages to your recipient any and every time.
SMS messages can only be sent to a mobile phone service with SMS activated on the recipient’s carrier. Twilio will charge to send the SMS messages regardless if it is to a mobile phone or a landline. Only mobile phones can receive SMS messages. Careerlister is not responsible for SMS sent and charged but not delivered.
Careerlister requires the Mobile Phone field to be filled out on the Applicant Info page to send a SMS. It is recommended that this number is verified with the SMS recipient. Too many bad attempts to send SMS and SPAMing recipients will result in Twilio suspending or canceling your SMS account with them. Careerlister is not responsible for the maintenance of this relationship with Twilio. Please obtain and read their policies on SMS.